Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't subclass GalleryTool
posted

Hello,

In previous versions (2009.1 and earlier), we've been using a subclassed GalleryTool to perform some additional tasks for us. After upgrading to 2009.2, we receive the exception "System.InvalidOperationException: Cyclic reference found while evaluating the Style property on element 'Infragistics.Windows.Ribbon.GalleryToolDropDownPresenter" under the following conditions:

1) A subclass of GalleryTool is used.
2) The GalleryTool drop-down has been expanded and closed.
3) The GalleryTool is in a non-main ribbon window
4) The ribbon window is closed.

When these occur (which is frequent in our application), the exception noted above occurs. The stack trace is attached as a text file. Please let me know if there is any workaround or hotfix for this issue. Thanks for your time.

Offline posted

I tried to reproduce the problem but could not. While its possible it was addressed by another fix in a recent hotfix I cannot find an issue related to this that has been addressed. If possible please test this with the latest hotfix (which I believe will be available today) and if you still have an issue please provide a sample that demonstrates the issue and we will look into the matter further.