Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Changing field settings after binding
posted

I'm working on a grid which supports editing multi dimensional data, basically under normal conditions a cell in the main grid will have a text description of how many values are contained in that cell, when you click on a cell an adorning editor pops that contains a datagrid with values. Alternatively there is UI that lets you filter the multi dimensional data down to a single value, in which case that value shows up in the cell in the main grid and you can edit it there. The number of columns and types of data aren't known until runtime.

I have gotten this all working but the main issue is my current approach is that right now when you filter it down to show a single value in a cell it regenerates the field layout and rebinds everything, which is going fairly slow on some relatively small grids(less than 50 columns x 100 rows). Is it possible to change the change the field settings on a column without having to completly change the field layout and rebind the entire grid? I need to be able to change a field type from being a readonly string to being any number of custom editors.