Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
"Moveable Fields" - end user column spanning?
posted

Hi,

It is great that the end users can move fields around by simply clicking the column headers and dragging them to a new location.

How can they adjust the spanning though?

Imagine a single 'line' of column headers, containing several fields.  The user can currently drag a field that could contain a lot of data (i.e. 'Description'), to be placed on a second header 'line', hence, placing it under the other fields.  That's a start, but the Description column will now be only as wide as the column above it (i.e. 'Ref' - which is quite small).  What the user wants to then do is be able to span the description field under all available columns on the grid.

I was hoping that by holding a modifier key down and dragging the splitter between the column headers, they would adjust their spanning instead of their width.  Is this possible?  or are there any plans to provide this?

Regads,

Dave

Parents Reply Children
No Data