Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
deleting records using Linq
posted

Hi, I am developing a WPF browser application using Linq and your datagrid but I am having major problems trying to delete a record. From looking through various forums and your help I have got to the point where I can retrieve the data usning LINQ and settign the result as the DataSource. I can add a record fine but whenit comes to deleteing I just cant seem to tie it togther. A number of forums have suggesed that once you know what records you need to delete you query it from teh database using LINQ then plase the result into a DeleteOnSubmit command. So I have the following code:

private void datagridMapping_RecordsDeleting(object sender, Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Events.RecordsDeletingEventArgs e)

{

DataCentreDataContext dsMapping = new DataCentreDataContext();

foreach (var rec in datagridMapping.SelectedItems.Records)

{

try

{

var mappingres =

from mappingItem in dsMapping.DATAMAPPINGs

where mappingItem.INDEX == rec.???????????????

select mappingItem;

DATAMAPPING delRecord = new DATAMAPPING();

delRecord = (DATAMAPPING)mappingres;

dsMapping.DATAMAPPINGs.DeleteOnSubmit(delRecord);

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

MessageBox.Show("Error", "Error - " + ex.Message);

}

}

dsMapping.SubmitChanges();

}

I have placed ?????? where I am having the trouble. I guess I may have this very wrong so any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin.