Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Replace application menu with modal dialog
posted

I've been tasked with replacing the xamRibbon application menu with a modal dialog, while keeping all other aspects of the xamRibbonWindow and xamRibbon intact: the chrome, QAT, app menu button, status bar, etc.

Basically, when the user presses the ribbon's app menu button, they want a custom modal dialog to display instead of the standard popup-based app menu.

I looked at the Opening event for the app menu but see no way to close the app menu window. I also looked for some sort of Click event on the app menu button but don't see one.

The WinForm version of your ribbon/toolbar control has an BeforeApplicationMenuDropDown  event  that we could use to do this, but I can't seem to find a way to do it with your WPF ribbon control.

What approach could I use to implement this?

Thanks for your help,
Jim Honeycutt

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Before trying to go down this route I would recommend reviewing the Office UI Guidelines as the ApplicationMenu has specific requirements or else you may inadvertantly violate your licence agreement with Microsoft that allows you to use the Ribbon UI in your application. Assuming this is allowed, one could try handling the Opening event of the ApplicationMenu and either synchronously or possibly asynchronously setting the IsOpen to false. Another possibility might be to use a custom style for the ApplicationMenuPresenter and set its Command to a custom command.

Reply Children
No Data