Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Changing Z-order of floating ContentPane undocked from TabGroupPane to bring to front
posted

I have a TabGroupPane within a XamDockManager.  If I undock the tabs so that they are floating ContentPane objects and overlapping each other, how do I programmatically change the Z-order of one of the ContentPane objects underneath another to bring it to the front?  ContentPane.BringIntoView() doesn't work unless it's docked on the TabGroupPane.

Thanks

Jason

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

When the panes are floating they are hosted in WPF Windows. I'm not sure we should (and I know the WPF window doesn't) interpret a cal to BringIntoView as a means to change the z-Order of the windows since BringIntoView doesn't change the z-order of elements in a panel either. In any case, if the pane is floating you can get its containing ToolWindow and call BringToFront on that. e.g.

ToolWindow tw = ToolWindow.GetToolWindow(pane);

if (null != tw)
    tw.BringToFront();

Reply Children
No Data