Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
axis label layout
posted

X axis labels seem to ignore the AutoResize property of the axis Label object.   The font for the label shrinks as the size of of the window hosting the chart shrinks or the number of axis labels increases, often to the point of illegibility.

It also seems neccessary to manually set GridArea margins just to get axis labels to be displayed without the grid generating miles of empty horizontal space around itself.  

Maybe this has to to with legend layout management?   My recommendation would be to let developers build and layout their own legends with some simple databinding to series properties.  The current legend layout implementation is really unusable (having to specify layout in percent values).   

These layout issues are disapointing given the layout power available with WPF. 

Changing font size in response to available layout space changes is really undesirable and very 'non-WPF'.   Maybe this is already fixed in a not yet released build?

Speaking of unreleased builds, when might Infragistics customers expect a new version of XamChart?  I'm hoping soon because as things stand right now, ChartFX for WPF is way ahead of XamChart in terms of features, performance and overall API design.  We'd rather go with the overall Infragistics WPF package but without at least an indication that something usable is around the corner our company will have to go with ChartFX.

Thanks,

Zac Morris

CTO

Missing Link Systems, Inc. 

Parents
    Offline posted

zac,

have you tried out the XamChart in NetAdvantage for WPF 7.2 ?  if so, i'd like to know if you are still experiencing the same problems with axis labels.

as for the legend positioning -- that didn't change in 7.2, so percentage sizing is still the only option.

Reply Children
No Data