Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No WPF samples? No WPF documentation???
posted

I downloaded NetAdvantageWinClient20083_Trial.zip, and ran NetAdvantage_WPF_20082.exe, but this did not contain any sample Visual Studio projects.This created the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\NetAdvantage for WPF 2008 Vol. 2\   but there is no samples subdirectory!

I then ran NetAdvantage_Samples20083.exe ...this setup program ran for quite a long time and seems to have installed a large number of files, but I have no idea where the files are! The C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 Vol. 3 CLR 2.0\ but does not really contain anything of any use. What exactly happened here? Furthermore, I explicitly downloaded the CLR 3.5 version of NetAdvantage ... so why did it install  CLR 2.0 products?

Where are the WPF samples? The xamFeatureBrowser shows some some XAML code, but this is not suffucient ... the samples have to be Visual Studio projects, so that we can determine what exactly the XAML code is referring to. 

In the absense of any WPF samples, I thought I would just read the documentation. I went to the link http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/NET/2008.2/CLR3.5/ ... to my surprise, there does not appear to be WPF documentation at all! It only has ASP.NET documentation ...

This is extremely frustrating and I have lost several hours just trying to locate the Infragistics WPF samples and documentation, and with no luck.

posted

Samples for our WPF controls are installed along with the product; they're not a separate install like they are for our Windows Forms and ASP.NET controls.  For NetAdvantage Win Client 2008 Volume 3 (which includes our "2008 Volume 2" WPF controls), you'll find them at the following location on XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Infragistics\NetAdvantage for WPF 2008 Vol. 2\Samples

You'll find the samples in a similar location on Vista.
    C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Infragistics\NetAdvantage for WPF 2008 Vol. 2\Samples

On either operating system, you can also get to the samples through the Start menu.  Again for NetAdvantage Win Client 2008 Volume 3, you'd use the following path in the Start menu (again on XP, and assuming you haven't moved it):
    Start -> Programs -> Infragistics -> NetAdvantage for WPF 2008 Vol. 2 -> Experience NetAdvantage for WPF

For installed documentation for these controls, use the "NetAdvantage 2008 Volume 3 Documentation" link from the My Keys and Downloads page of our website.

For online documentation, I suggest you use the following landing page as a starting point:
    Infragistics Online Help Documentation

From here, you'll find our online documentation for NetAdvantage Win Client (WPF 2008 Volume 2).