Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Adding Child Records
posted

How can I add childrecords in run-time? I tried to use a dataset object as datasource. The dataset contained the two tables (parent and child) and the relation. I learnt it in a sample of XamDataGrid. I used views, but no tables.

I also tried to use a DataSet filled by a SqlDataAdapter from a SqlConnection. And then, in the RecordExpanding event, change the datasource of the DataPresenter of the e.Record (that comes in the event). 

How can I do?

Thanks

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. So I have been looking through your post and I suggest you check our this link from the MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.datatable.rows.aspx

where it is shown how to add Rows to a table. Also you can still use the ReecordExpanding event to do that.

Feel free to write me if you have any other questions.

Reply Children
No Data