Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Faster AutoComplete?
posted

Hey,

I'm using a XamComboEditor in my window whose ItemsSource is bound to a binding list containing 50000 items.  The DisplayMemberPath/ValuePath are set to properties of the item and functionally everything is working fine.  The problem is that autocomplete is very slow and lags the screen a lot.  It takes the screen a few seconds to catch up after I type a few letters in.

I was wondering if there might be something that I'm doing wrong to cause it to be this slow?  Or, is there a way that I can tweak something to make autocomplete go quicker?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

The EditTemplate of the xamComboEditor uses a WPF combobox so it is performing the autocomplete (internally using the TextSearch class in WPF I believe). I don't know of any specific settings that would provide a more performant handling. You could try setting VS to break on all exceptions to ensure that you're not getting lots of first chance exceptions that could be slowing things down. You can also submit a suggestion that we not use the ComboBox but provide our own edit (and therefore autocomplete) handling.

Children
No Data