Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No Pane Decomposition in Blend (2008.2)
posted

Hi there

When working in Blend, the Objects window is the place where I select my objects in order to style them, select them, move them etc. However, XamDockManager doesn't show it's child elements, which is somewhat desastrous given the fact that *everything* will be beneath the DockManager, practically forcing me to go back to XAML, which is not an option.

And this is becoming even worse when getting to storyboards. This whole functionality depends on Objects window - if I can't access my controls, there is no simple way to include them into my animations- help!

Sample Screenshot: The DockManager below contains 3 panes with panels, buttons etc.

Thanks for your advice

Philipp

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

It seems like blend's Object tree is only traversing the Content property and not the Panes property. We're going to look into this to find out if they expose any way to extend their search to include the Panes property.

Children
No Data