Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Closing/Hiding RibbonTabItem and ContextMenu for RibbonTabItem/RibbonGroup
posted

Hi,

We would like to be able to close/hide RibbonTabItems with a little close button in the Header.  Is this possible?  I tried to place a ButtonTool as the Header but it did not render as expected.

Also, I have tried to add ContextMenus to both the RibbonTabItems and RibbonGroups but each time I right-click in the Ribbon area, the Ribbon ContextMenu appears instead.  How do I do this?  Or is it even possible?

Thanks

KZ

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted
    Hi KZ -

We haven't made this kind of modification easy in the XamRibbon - intentionally.  As you're probably aware, Microsoft has issued a set of Office 2007 UI Guidelines and licensing restrictions that govern how the Ribbon must appear and behave if you use it in your application.  The customizability we have provided via the XamRibbon object model attempts to honor these requirements. 

That said, with WPF almost anything is possible - so you could probably restyle the RibbonTabItem and add a close button to its Template.

Joe Modica
Children
No Data