Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
query regarding application menu in xam ribbon
posted

Hi,

I am using the xam ribbon in my application,here I have added an application menu. For each option in the application menu I have assigned a hot key for it.

Now I expect when my focus is in the application not on the application menu and I press hot key say for example "Ctrl + N" then it should fire that command which I have assigned to it.

But in my case this is not happening properly, when my  focus is in the application it does not fire the command. but when the focus is in the application menu I can fire the command using hot keys. This is the exact opposite behavior what we have in win word. Can any body clarify why this could be. Is it a bug with Ribbon control itself or is thr anythng tht I am missing?

Thanks in advance,

Yogesh

Offline posted

Can you post a snippet of what you have done? It sounds like you put an KeyBinding on a tool in the application menu but such a binding would only be invoked when focus is within that element since that is the only time the key event would bubble up to that element; this would the same if you used a toolbar or menu instead of the ribbon. If so then you probably want to define the keybinding on the window itself.