Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Extending a Theme
posted

Hi,

Im trying to customize the RoyalLightTheme. Basically i just want to change the Accent Color to blue and add a custom validation look to some editors.

I added some of the dictionaries in "\Infragistics\2019.2\WPF\Themes\RoyalLight" to my project and linked them via the Mappings. I got it working with some standard microsoft controls and the xamComboEditor. Im extending the theme as described in www.infragistics.com/.../thememanager-extending-existing-control-theme
I have several questions.

1. Are all the styles that i need in the "\Infragistics\2019.2\WPF\Themes\RoyalLight folder or are some in "Infragistics\2019.2\WPF\DefaultStyles" ?

2. I saw there is a "ControlMappingKeys.XamDataGrid". What dictionary maps to this? There is none called xamDataGrid. How do i find this out myself?

3. Same as 2 but for more simple editors like XamTextEditor. There is only 1 dictionary "RoyalLight.xamEditors.xaml", but several keys in the ControlMappingKeys enum.

4. I added the RoyalLight.xamGrid.xaml dictionary to my project (hoping its the one for the xamDataGrid), but its full of errors. All looking like this "The name "CultureValueConverter" does not exist in the namespace "">schemas.infragistics.com/.../primitives". What do i do?
5. Some dictionaries like the RoyalLight.xamEditors.xaml just look like this:

Code I found those in "DefaultStyles/Windows", do i need to edit this, add them to my project, and reference those instead? All for a simple color change on xamTextEditor?

6. Is this even a "feasible" idea? It worked quickly with the sample and the xamComboEditor, but now it looks like i need to really dive into this and the first dictionary depends on another dictionary which depends on 2 dictionaries that are hidden within the general dictionaries which need primitive dictionaries...
7. I could remember this wrong, but the first time i played around with this, i think there were typos in some of the dictionaries. Is there a clean version i can download somewhere? A "put these dictionaries in your project for this theme" file collection would be neat too, since they seem to be really all over the place.