Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid Sorting Issue
posted

Hello,

I noticed when trying to sort a XamGrid that has 16 or more items of the same value in the column to be sorted, a IComparer.Compare() exception is generated:

System.ArgumentException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
Additional information: Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. IComparer: 'Infragistics.MultiSortComparer`1[XamGridSortingIssue.GridData]'.

I have an example project, but i can only add files less than 1024KB and the infragistics reference dlls are larger than that.  My project is simply creating a XamGrid, simple class with 1 DateTime member, and then adding 17 instances of the same exact datetime to the binding list that is the itemsource of the xamgrid.  Once built and the form is shown, I create the error by clicking on the column header.

How can I get around and/or fix this issue?

Thanks