Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Use XamDataGrid in edit mode
posted

Hello,

I had a requirement to navigate around the cells in the Xamdatagrid using the arrows keys, and to be able to edit the cell values without the need for pressing F2. Therefore, I used the solution from this page: http://es.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/22281.aspx

However, I ran into a strange problem while using this solution. I have attached a demo project (based on Stefan's solution) to showcase my issue. Please open the solution attached, once you run it, click on the first field 'Person0' (the field should be in edit mode once you click on it) in the first grid, and now press the down arrow key, and hold it down until you reach the last record in the first grid. Before reaching the last record in the Grid, you will experience some bizarre behavior. After running through a few records, you will lose control, and the Grid will start highlighting (selecting) records on a random basis.

This issue is more extreme in my project. In my project, I face this issue after navigating through less than 10 records while holding down an arrow key, which was not accepted by my PM. Here in this demo, this issue might occur after navigating through hundreds of records. It is sporadic sometimes. Please let me know what you think of it, and how I can resolve it. Thank you.

Best regards,

Sherif

XamDataGridExcelFunctionality-modified.rar