Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DropDownValidate and allow empty string
posted

In my Grid, I need a column which is a combo-box that displays multiple columns.

In adition to the combo dropdown button, I need also another button, for calling a sub-screen.

To do this, I used an UltraCombo, to which I add a button in its EditorButtonsCollection, then I assign this ultracombo to the Grid's column EditorControl.

So far so good. Now I want the user input to be validated against the list of values in the UltraCombo.

To do this, I set the  ColumnStyle to DropDownValidate.

Now here is my problem: I want the user to be able to set the cell value to blank/EmptyString, but since this value is not in the combo valuelist, the Grid doesn't allow me to set a blank value.

So, before trying to do this validation manually, I was wondering if there is some settings that would validate the input value against the combo valuelist but also allow an empty string.

TIA,

Guillaume. 

Verified Answer
    posted

I don't think that there's a way to get around this behavior, even using the Nullable property, since the design of DropDownValidate specifies that an entry must exist in the list in order for it to be considered valid.  One alternative would be to use the DropDown style and perform any additional validation in the BeforeExitEditMode, should you need to do so.

-Matt