Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to set UltraGrid Header height
posted

Hi,

can i set the UltraGrid Header height.

posted

Not directly. The Height property is set to read only.

Try setting colHeaderLines to the maximum 10 value in form designer.

Example:

UltraGridBand1.ColHeaderLines =10

or use Rowlayouts to get access to height property. Be aweare that any group layout you might have dissappear from displaylayout when implementing rowlayout.

But it is possible to create unbound columns and place them on top of bound columns to achieve a Group look with groupheaders. Just remember to set Labelposision to LabelOnly. 

posted

Hi I had the same problem as you. But I finally figured it out.

As you already know the header height is set to read only.

There are two ways to encrease height of headers, one is simple, the other one is more complex.

By setting the band colheaderlines to higher than 1 you encrease the lines available for writing the column header caption.

Setting it to the maximum : 10, will encrease the height by 9 times your font height.

You find an example here :

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/NET/2006.3/CLR2.0/html/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.3~Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand~ColHeaderLines.html

But this doesn' t always give you enough height.

The more advanced method is by using rowLayout.

When using rowlayout you get access to setting the actual header size. Rowlayout is perfect when you're not using Groups, because all group headers is suddenly lost from displaylayout when implementing it.

If you have to implement a Group appearence it can be achieved using unbound columns(adding columns that aren't part of gridset and use the unbound headers as "Group Headers").

There is an example here :

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/NET/2006.3/CLR2.0/html/Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v6.3~Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand~UseRowLayout.html

Hope this reply help you.

Geir

I can reply if you have more questions