Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinGrid with a text column containing XML (as text) getting Red "X"
posted

Hello,

I have a SQL Database Table that I store XML as Text for processing at a later time. I use the WinGrid to display the contents of the table and get a Red "X" when I include the XML column in the view that I use to populate the Grids Datasource (using a datatable to load the view). mind you, I am not trying to load the data from the XML, only view the XML in a column along with several other columns. If I remove the Text column containing the XML String, the grid works fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a screenshot of the data I am trying to load into the grid

Offline posted

Hello,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.

Offline posted

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our forums.

The grid should be able to display the XML, as it is just a normal string. I have tested this in a small sample, where I load the contents of an XML file and I use them as the value of a string column. The XML text is displayed without any issues.

If there is a red “X” on the grid, then it means that an exception occurs during the painting of the grid. Let me know what this exception is and please provide the stack trace for it. Also it would be really helpful if you can provide me with a small sample that reproduces this issue. I have attached my test sample, so you can use it a starting point.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

WG_XmlColumn.zip