Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ultrachart: columns and scatter combination
posted

Hi All,

I'm new with the Ultrachart and would like to ask a suggestion how to build the composite chart. I need to combine the column chart and the scatter chart. The X axis for the column chart is a string (e.g. income, cash, refund). The scatter chart allows numeric values for the x axis. Could you please suggest me how to place the scatter chart's items exactly over the x-center of the columns? If it possible give me please an idea.

Thanks in advance,

Viktar

Offline posted

Hi Viktar,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support.

What you could do in your case is to actually use line series instead of scatter series. The benefit of the scatter series is that you can use it to place the data points at unequal interval. As you want the points to match exactly the middle of the columns which are spaced at equal intervals this means that the scatter chart will also be spaced at equal intervals. So you can use line chart instead and the line chart can use two numeric columns as a data source. You just need to specify a numeric column as the label column when you are binding the series (it will use the ToString method in order to convert the values). After that you simply need to change the margin of the line chart axis at both ends and the line chart will match the column chart.

I have attached a sample that demonstrates this suggestion. Please note that the data for the line chart is purely numeric.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

WC_ColumnAndScatter.zip