Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there a possible use without Analysis Services / Data cube?
posted

Hi,

is it possible to use the PivotGrid control without a SQL Server / Analysis Services installation. (Which is not included in the SQL Server Express edition). Unfortunately there is no sample for the PivotGrid included in the sample browser.

Our product requires at least an SQL Server Express installation as data back-end. I'd like to evaluate whether it is possible to provide some basic pivot functionality within our program for all users without need for a Analysis Services installation/Data warehouse. Currently we got some Excel Pivot Exports on that front but that is rather limited.

Greetings,

Daniel

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics.

As it stands right now, you need some kind of OLAP server to provide data to the UltraPivotGrid.  However, with Infragistics 2014 Volume 2 for Windows Forms, we will be including a data source that lets you use any class that implements IEnumerable as if it were an OLAP server.  I don't yet have a date for when that new version will be released.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Children
No Data