Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraComboEditor - automatically display dropdown list
posted

After tinkering with this for about 2 hours I've got nothing so here's the problem

I have a form with a grid and a couple ultracomboeditors (A and B).  A is assigned to the column as the editorcontrol.  In code in the cell activate event I populate B's datasource and then add it to the cell's editorcontrol property.  On beforecelldeactivate I remove the cell editorcontrol.

This allows me to filter the contents of B based on the contents of another column.  A contains an unfiltered list with all possible options.  When the user enters the cell they see only the filtered list.  Why use A at all you may ask?  Because in A and B the value is a number but I want to display a name, so I need an ultracomboeditor on all rows at all times.

That all works fine except that you have to click on the cell twice to open B's dropdown list.  So I'm looking for a way to programmatically open B when the sell is activated.  None of the obvious stuff is working.  I tried playing with the DropDown method.  I tried setting up an event handler on B.  I tried setting AllwaysInEditMode to true.  What is the right way to do this?

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
No Data