Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
time it takes to switch back to form view from code view
posted

in visual studio 2005 toolbox - at the top and above the Netadvantage controls - are all datasets and table adapter created objects.

Is there a way to stop them showing/refreshing etc ?

I think they are the reason it takes a while for the form to load and when regain focus on a form when developing.

Is there any other way to stop forms taking forever when switching back to the designer screen from the code screen?

posted

I'm not sure what your question is here.  Are you saying that you think that the reason that your designer is being slow is because of the NA controls/components being refreshed in the toolbox?  If this is the case, there is something in Visual Studio that you can disabled to speed this up; go to Options -> Windows Forms Designer and set the AutoToolboxPopulate to False.  I noticed that with a solution with many projects or forms, simply clicking on something in the designer would cause a pretty decent delay, and setting this property to False fixed it for me.

-Matt