Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Change height of ribbon tab area in UltraToolbarsManager when ribbon is not being used
posted

I'm using an Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager (volume 13.2), and I have it setup so that I'm not using the ribbon -- just the application menu.  I am trying to modify the height of the ribbon tab area that remains which, by default, is an empty bar that is approximately 25 pixels high.

Could someone please help me to modify the height of that area?  I figure it requires a draw filter, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

The ribbon uses the toolbar's UltraToolbarsDockArea on the top for rendering the ribbon and the ribbon will resize this to the appropriate size.  You can limit the size of the top dock area by setting the MaximumSize of the dock area:

this._Form1_Toolbars_Dock_Area_Top.MaximumSize = new Size(0,30);

While this will resize the area reserved, it will also cut the application menu button since the ribbon will not be rendered outside of the control and there isn't enough room in the dock area for the application menu.  The application menu will still be usable but there would be a gap between where it is cut off and where the application menu will show over the form.  If you used a size with a height of 33 the gap may disappear though you will see the top of the tab area being rendered.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Reply Children