Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinSchedule in multi-user environment
posted

Hello All

I am using IG for Windows Forms and would like to know if anyone is using this as a multi-user application.

Specific query would be if someone updates the calendar controls, do the rest of the users see the updates as well or is there some sort of trigger I would have to use to "refresh" other users screens?

Thanks in advance

Gail 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

This is a general database application problem, the solution for which being provided by the data adapter layer. SQLServer2005, for example, provides a mechanism for notifying a "dependent" that the underlying data has changed, via the SqlDependency class. The basic approach is to assign a dependency to an SqlCommand, and then when the data has changed such that the query associated with the command would yield a different result set, the server issues a notification to registered listeners. The bad news is that this is considered by some to be difficult to implement...there are several hard-to-recognize-at-first-glance caviats; for example, you cannot use a select command like "SELECT * FROM dbo.[Whatever];" because you have to explicitly list the columns, i.e., "SELECT col1, col2, ...". If you google "SqlDependency" you will get some hits that are links to blogs of some folks that were kind enough to enumerate these caviats, presumably making the undertaking a little less painful.

Children
No Data