Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Vertical scrollbar jumps to top after an update
posted

I'm using an UltraWinGrid to display messages coming in at regular intervals. The message structure is defined in a config file read at run time, and my program adds columns to the UltraWinGrid as needed to display strings, numbers, and booleans. 

Because of the fluid structure of the data, I can't use any kind of binding to a collection of objects - the object structure would have to change on the fly. Instead I add/lookup rows to an UltraDataSource and iterate over each cell to update the values inside.

Even though the number of rows and the data in them mostly stay the same, every time my update method runs the vertical scroll position on the grid is reset to the top. I tried storing the ActiveRowScrollRegion.ScrollPosition, but even at the end of my method the value appears to be unchanged - the change to scroll position must be an asynchronous action.

I also captured the AfterRowRegionScrollChange event, but it only gets called when I manually move the scroll bar, not when the scroll bar is just bouncing to the top of the grid.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Parents Reply Children
No Data