Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DropDownButtonEditor Focus
posted

My apologies if this is answered elsewhere, I couldn't find any relevant searches.

For reasons I won't go into here, I've had to switch from using an UltraCombo to a combination of UltraTextEditor / right button is DropDownEditorButton / button's control is an UltraGrid.  Essentially I'm making my own combo.

I need to have the ability to drop down the grid and still allow for editing in the text field while the grid is down.

I can do this by using the following settings:

dropDownButtonEditor.AutoFocus = false;

ultraTextEditor.AlwaysInEditMode = true

Which works great until the user needs / wants to scroll the data in the grid.  Clicking on a scroll arrow in the drop down grid gives it focus, which causes two problems:

1) The user can no longer type in the editor because it doesn't have focus

2) Now that the drop down grid has focus, trying to click back into the editor (or programmatically sending focus to the text editor) causes the drop down to lose focus...which automatically forces it to close.

I'm hoping there's some property I'm overlooking that would allow me to fix this situation.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris Rowland