Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
PerformAutoResizeColumns very Slow
posted

I have 4 Ultragrids ( 380 rows and 42 columns) and PerformAutoResizeColumns take 28 seconds.

I 'use :

- GridPrice.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].PerformAutoResizeColumns(false, PerformAutoSizeType.VisibleRows); // 3min without Visible row only
- The cells are Text and there is no editor
- There is Calculator manager on grids but not used during resizing process
- infragistics 13.2 but the problem was the same on 11 and 12.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

Does the problem occur every time? Or only the first time you call PeformAutoResizeColumns?

In a case like this, where you are using UltraCalcManager, the column cannot be sized until the calculations are completed. So what might be happening here is that calling PeformAutoResizeColumns is forcing the entire calculation network to completely calculate everything before any resizing can begin.

If that's the case, then I would expect only the first call to PeformAutoResizeColumns to be slow. Any subsequent calls would be very fast, since all of the calculations would already be completed. You could also verify my theory by disabling the CalcManager and see if that speeds things up.

Reply Children