Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom UltraGrid Columns
posted

Hi I am using Infragistic Vr. 10.3 WinGrid. I have two questions regarding UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid Columns

1.How can i have one column with different Editing controls.Like in one column first row cell would be checkbox cell and in second row same column cell should be radio button ...... like this different editing controls in one column in different rows.

2. What I need is to add two columns in grid that will have checkbox as editing control in one column and combobox as editing control in other column based on some setting in loaded object(my values). Now depending on the object first column maybe of checkbox type or the second column will be of checkbox type, basically I don’t know it at design time. Also I don’t want to write the code for it in view but it should be an generic implementation for the grid.

Offline posted

You can set the Style property or assign an Editor or EditorControl to the cell (not the column). The InitializeRow event is usually the best place to do this.

avlindia said:
    I don’t know it at design time. Also I don’t want to write the code for it in view but it should be an generic implementation for the grid.

This doesn't make sense. If you have ruled out doing this both at design-time and in code, then what does that leave? I suppose you could create a control that inherit's UltraWinGrid and override the InitializeRow event. Is that what you mean?