Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customize UltraCombo
posted

I need to customize a pair of options in my UltraCombo UI Element to look more "attractive" to my  customer.

1) I'll need to change the arrow of the DropDown button with a picture made for us.

I've used the UIElementViewer to find the UIElement I have to modify, EditorWithComboDropDownButtonUIElement, but I don't know what I have to do with the creation filter to modify the Image of the UIElement. 

2) I'll need to change the way that the list of items "falls" when I open the UltraCombo. More exactly, instead of show the items down the text area of the combo, I would like the items appear UP the text area of the combo. 

Thanks in advance!! 

posted

I know it`s been a year but I was able to change the location where the drop-down dropped down. I posted the code at http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/26725/98404.aspx

You can modify for your own case.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Alex,

1) Does EditorWithComboDropDownButtonUIElement have an Image property? If so, then you can probably just set this property in AfterCreateChildElements.

If not, then does it have an ImageUIElement as a child element? If so, you can probably set the Image on this child element.

If that's not the case, then the element must be drawing the arrow instead of using an image. So in that case, you would probably be better off using a DrawFilter instead of a CreationFilter. My guess is that you would handle BeforeDrawForeground and draw the image yourself, then return true from DrawElement to prevent the default drawing. It might be BeforeDrawBackground. This assumes that you are turning off themes. If themes are on, then you will have a much harder time with this because the themed drawing is done all at once and includes the entire button: background borders and all. It's all or nothing.

2) I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You want the dropdown to appear above the control instead of below it? I don't think there is any way to control this. You should Submit a feature request to Infragistics