Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
PrintPreview fonts not rendering properly...
posted

I'm using the PrintPreview dialog attached to a UltraGrid.  Everything works as expected as long as the width of the print preview dialog does not get too wide.  As soon as that happens, the font used for the Header / Footer sections set during the Grid's InitializePrint event starts to shrink. 

For example, I have written a sample application that loads the preview dialog on top of the main application.  I invoke the preview dialog when the window is 1/3 the size of the monitor and my header looks great -- 14 point, bold, etc. (Image Cool.bmp in attached zip.)

Now when I maximize or strech the application window across my desktop (or even worse, both my monitors) and invoke the preview dialog, the rendering starts to get incredibly buggy -- 8 pt font, etc.  The body of the document (the grid) also has its font changed.  (Image NotSoCool.bmp in attached zip.)

If I print the document when using a smaller window it comes off the printer as expected.  When I print when the application is choking, it comes out NOT as expected.  I consider this a bug.  Has anyone else seen this?

I've attached the VS2008 / Infragistics v8.1 sample project.

TestApp.zip
    posted

I've found the sizing deals with the grid size and not my application (though the grid is sized based upon the app window so...).  I've also found a hack-around to make the rendering always work.  I simply always size the grid to 100 X 100, render the printout, and then reset the size.  This is not optimal so I'm curious as to my folly and why no one else is reporting this.