Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
focus on ultragrid instead of individual cell when editing a single cell resulting in screen reader (JAWS) reading the whole grid instead of just the single cell
posted

Hi,

I am trying to resolve a problem with infragistics ultrawingrid. WHen i put an cell in edit mode the whole grid gets the focus but the cursor in the ultra grid still shows blinking in the edited cell of the cursor. The problem is when i use a screen reader ( for 508 compliance) the reader reads all the columns in the Grid as the focus is on the grid and not on that particular cell. I tried using the following code to get the focus back on the cell but still it does not get the focus on the cell.

If (ugTenderTyp.ActiveCell.Column.Key = "Amount") Then
                If (ugTenderTyp.Rows(rowindex).Cells("Amount").IsActiveCell) Then
                    ugTenderTyp.Rows(rowindex).Cells("Amount").Activate()                  
                End If
            End If

please kindly help me