Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
unbound column
posted

I had a post in the previous forum but it seems to have been deleted, so I'm reposting here.  I'm using unbound columns to represent time that is stored in my datatable as TOTALMINUTES.

I want the unbound columns to show HOURS and TENTHS OF AN HOUR.  so if my datatable that I bind contains TOTALMINUTES = 72 then Hours should be 1 and TENTHS OF AN HOUR should show 2/10

I can calculate these 2 fields properly in the row_initialize event (not sure if this is the right place to do it), but I'm confused about how to allow editing of the unbound fields.  I need some documentation or sample code that shows how to handle this. 

I want the TOTALMINUTES column to be hidden and the HOURS and TENTHS OF AN HOUR should be user editable.

If anyone has found anything similar in the documentation or samples please let me know where I can get help on this.

Parents
    posted

I figured it out.  Basically on every row_initialize, I check for what values are available.  The unbound columns update the bound column that is hidden.  Seems to be working.

Reply Children
No Data