Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cell click to switch to edit mode
posted

Hi... I have an already activated cell which is not in Edit Mode...

I'd like that when the user clicks on that cell a second time (not double click), the cell switch to Edit Mode...  

Tnx a Lot...
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Joz,

I'm pretty sure that if the cell is selected, this will happen automatically. But there are quite a number of settings that affect this behavior, so it's really hard to say without more information.

If you need to force this behavior for some reason, then you can easily get the cell to enter edit mode using the grid's PerformAction method. You just call PerformAction(EnterEditMode) and this will put the active cell into edit mode if it can.

So the only tricky part is determining when the user click on the cell.I think the latest version of the grid has a CellClick event. But if you are using an older version, you can use the MouseDown event and determine which cell was clicked by using ElementFromPoint. There are lots of KB articles about using this technique in the Infragistics KnowledgeBase, so do a search on ElementFromPoint and you should be able to find what you need.