Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Resize column behavior at runtime with RowLayoutColumninfo
posted

Hi,

We want to set up one of our grids so that the user has full control over how columns are displayed in termes of originX, originY, and size. For this we found out about band.RowLayoutStyle = ColumnLayout. We have found that behaviour between the row layout designer is different to what we see once we run the application. Whenever the user resizes a column, any other columns in the same vertical space get resized as well. This is not what happens in the Layout designer, so I am wondering whether I am missing a property?

Please see attached for the two different behaviours we are seeing. At the top, when using the Row Layout designer, a column can be resized freely without affecting other columns. In the botton, at runtime, resizing one column has an effect to other columns that sit 'on top' of them

Thanks,

Javier

Parents
    posted

Hello,

In order to allow user to be able to resize columns by their  span, you should set:

ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Override.AllowRowLayoutLabelSpanSizing = Infragistics.Win.Layout.GridBagLayoutAllowSpanSizing.AllowAll;

Then the customer will be able to resize particular column by span if press Ctrl+click and drag a label to change its span.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Reply Children
No Data