Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Gif in UltraListView
posted

I have a UltraListView to which I add UltraListViewItems.  Using the Appearance object, I assign it an image which is of type gif. (a 32x32 gif.)  The control then blows up, giving an out of memory error, and the control shows only a large red x.

The ListView samples show only using an image type of .ico which is converted into a bitmap.  Is it possible to use a gif or any other image type in the control?

Greg

Offline posted

The Appearance.Image property (note that this is true for all Infragistics controls, not just UltraListView) accepts any System.Drawing.Image or derived type. I tried assigning the return value from the static Image.FromFile method on a .GIF file to the UltraListViewItem.Appearance.Image property, and it was displayed as expected, with no exception being thrown.

I can't imagine the control being responsible for this since all it knows about is the Image object. If you want to repost with the .GIF file attached, I can try to reproduce the problem, although if I can it would most likely be due to the file itself being corrupted or otherwise not supported by the .NET System.Drawing.Image class. Alternatively, you can try loading this file independently of the UltraListView control (i.e., assign it to an Image object using the Image.FromFile method) and see what happens.