Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
edit image in card view
posted

I have a grid that is shown in card view, and I want to give a visual indicator to the user when they have made a modification to a cell value. I'd like it to be similar to the little pencil image that appears in the row selector for a non-cardview grid. Is there any built in way to do this? or is there any way I can achieve this?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

There's no property for this. But it should be pretty simple - depending on what kind of indicator you want to use and where you want to put it.

You can use the InitializeRow event of the grid and check the DataChanged property on the row to see if the row has any pending edits. If so, you could apply an Appearance to the row or to any cell in that row. So changing the color of the row would be very easy.

If you want to display an image somewhere in the row (card), then that might be trickier. You could use an unbound column, or else use a DrawFilter or CreationFilter to put an image into the card caption area.

Reply Children
No Data