Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Loading Workbook from file - object reference when cells include custom formulas
posted

I am receiving an object reference error when attempting to load an Excel file using Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Workbook.Load.  The workbook in question contains formulas that are part of an Automation Add-in (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291392) that involve some remote data access.  I would not expect that the Infragistics calculation engine would be able to evaluate these, but is there some way for me to have these items not crash the entire document loading process?   If this is possible, is there any way for me to retrieve stale previously calculated formula values in these cases?  Excel seems to have these available and keep them around in situations where Automatic Workbook Calculation is disabled.

Thanks,

Mike Rodriguez

Infragistics3.Documents.Core.v12.1.dll 12.1.20121.2054

Infragistics3.Documents.Excel.v12.1.dll 12.1.20121.2054

Call Stack:

at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.EvaluationManager`1.EvaluateToken(FormulaToken currentToken)
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.EvaluationManager`1.Evaluate()
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.CalcEngine.CalcEngineTokenConverter.Evaluate()
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.CalcEngine.CalcEngineTokenConverter.ConvertTokens(ExcelCalcFormula formula, Workbook workbook)
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.CalcEngine.ExcelCalcFormula..ctor(Formula excelFormula, IExcelCalcReference baseReference, Workbook workbook)
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Workbook.CompileFormula(IExcelCalcReference baseReference, Formula excelFormula)
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.CalcEngine.ExcelRefBase.SetAndCompileFormula(Formula newExcelFormula, Boolean canClearPreviouslyCalculatedValue, Boolean forceSet, Boolean shouldRemoveCompiledFormulas)
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.FormulaUtilities.CalcEngine.ExcelRefBase.SetAndCompileFormula(Formula newExcelFormula, Boolean canClearPreviouslyCalculatedValue)
at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Workbook.ResumeCalculations(Boolean doFirstEvaluationIfInManualMode)

Parents Reply Children
No Data