Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Blank entries in UltraComboEditor
posted

I have a field that was designed as non-nullable.  Now the users have decided they would like blank to be an option in several dropdowns.  I added an entry to my list that has an empty string as its description.  This particular entry has a pk of 994.  When the list displays, instead of seeing an empty string in the list it is showing 994.  All the other entries are fine, it just doesn't seem to know what to do with an empty string.  Is there a setting that defines how the control handles a blank string? 

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

If the DisplayText of an item is null or empty, the control shows the Value as the text.

One thing you could do is use an actual string that indicates a blank.

For example: "(None)" or a single space character ' '

Another option would be to use a DataFilter, but that would be much more complex and I'm not sure if it will work. It should work for the edit portion of the control, but I don't think it will have any effect on the list. You might be able to get around that using a DrawFilter, but like I said, it would be a lot of work.

Children
No Data