Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
11.1.20111.2009 : The Controls collection of the UltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.Controls collection instead
posted

Hi experts

when i tried to create a dockmanager and add some custom panels into it i met the error "The Controls collection of the UltraPanel is read-only. Modify the UltraPanel.Controls collection instead ", the infragistics referenced in this app is 11.1.20111.2009. but if i changed the referenced infragistics dlls to another version 11.1.20111.2061, it works.

The problem is i can't change the referened dlls since this app is a big poject we are only developing plugins on it. so is there any workaround to it ? thanks

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi xlzone,

From your description, it sounds like there may be some rogue code within your solution which is attempting to modify the controls collection of the UltraPanel, which is indeed read only.

I would recommend searching your entire solution for any code which is attempting to access this collection, for verification; to do this, search your entire solution for the code “.Controls” and review the instances of code present which match this criteria to ensure that they are not in fact modifying the controls collection directly.

Where such instance do exist, you will need to modify them slightly to instead modify the controls collection which is extended off of the ClientArea of the UltraPanel.

Example:
    ultraPanel.Controls.Add(); would need to be modified to, ultraPanel.ClientArea.Controls.Add();

Please try out this suggestion and if you have any further questions after that time, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chris K
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data