Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MDI mergable toolbars: visibility failure
posted

Folks;

I have two MDI child forms (A & B) that are hosted by a an MDI parent form.  The toolbars are 'merged' on the parent's toolbar.  Each child has two toolbars (A1/A2 & B1/B2) whose visibility is controlled by the state of the child form.   When a child form's state changes, it may change the visibility of some of the toolbars it has.

Now, so long as the child A form is active, and its toolbars A1/A2 are already merged with its parent's toolbar, everything works fine.  The child's A1/A2 toolbar's visibility can be changed, and that visibility is properly reflected on the parent's toolbar.

However, if the child form A is not the active form, and the visibility of A1/A2 is modified, then when child form A be3comes active, and its toolbars are merged with its parent's toolbar, the visibility of A1/A2 may not be correct.  Instead, the visibility of A1/A2 will be the same as the last time child form A was the active one.

Is there some way to correct this bahavior so that the parent's toolbar, when merged with the active child form's toolbar, wil correctly reflect the visibility of the A1/A2 toolbar?

Failing that, is there some event issued after the child's toolbar is merged with the parent's toolbar so that I can change the child form's toolbar visibility?

Thank you;

Patrick

posted

Hello ,

I have created a support ticket in our system with id CAS-99401-S4J7V6, in order to investigate this further for you. So I will update you for my finding regarding this matter throw the case , as soon as I have information for you.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.