Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Refreshing data source in a grouped grid displays unusual behavior for grouping headers
posted

I've attached a sample project that reflects some strange behavior I'm seeing in the v12.1 Infragistics windows forms (ultragrid specifically). I'm trying to allow the user of the grid to group by formula columns and non-formula columns while also being able to refresh that same grid, but I'm seeing some wonky behavior in the following case:

1) Open up the sample solution and run it, resize the window to see all the columns

2) Drag-drop the column "1" into the header to group by that column

3) Drag-drop the column "formula column 2" into the header to group by that column

4) expand the first-level grouping and note the names of the grouping headers (should be like '1' I think)

5) Left click in the grid header (this is how I made a hook into the refresh of the datasource)

6) Expand the first-level grouping again and note the names of the grouping headers (there aren't any grouping headers in my case and I think this is strange)

Has this issue ever been reported? In some cases, I get "#calculating" (the text for a formula column that hasn't finished the calculations) so I get the impression that the grouping happens immediately at the time of datasource refresh, and unfortunately doesn't wait for the formulas to complete their calculations :( Is there any way to force the grouping to wait until the formulas have finished calculating?

TamaleGroupingFormulaIssue2.zip