Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Embedded numeric editor in grid.
posted

Hi,

I have customized my own numeric editor and it is working like expected. The ValueChanged event is only raised when:

• the spin button is clicked.
  • the "Enter" key is pressed.
  • the editor lost focus (Exit edit mode).

I want to use this control in a winGrid, but I expect that the behavior is the same.

I want to catch the ValueChanged event raised by the embedded editor, but I red in this forum that these events are not raised.

I have included a demo application with my numeric editor and in the Freq column also my numeric editor.

In the grid, the numeric editor is not working like expected because of the missing events.

Any suggestion how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Luc

GridNumEdit.zip
    Offline posted

Hi Luc,

I'm not sure exactly what you want to achieve here, but I don't think you can do it with UltraNumericEditor. When you assign as editor control to the grid, the editor control provides a copy of it's editor to the grid. The grid does not use the control itself, so nothing you do to the control will have any effect on the grid as far as events go.

Whatever you want to do here, you will need to do it using the events of the grid, not the UltraNumericEditor.

If you are concerned with the ValueChanged event, then any of the following grid events may be useful:

CellChange

BeforeCellUpdate

AfterCellUpdate

BeforeExitEditMode