Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to export merged cell to excel by UltraGridExcelExporter
posted

Hi~

I met thefollowing issue when using UltraWinGrid..

When I try to export data with merged cells to excel, all of the merged cells are no longer merged in the exported excel file. Does that mean excel exporter does not support merged cell in win grid? Should I manually write merge logic in the events of exporter? If so, how can I set the merge cell when exporting data?

Thank you~

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

The CellMerging functionality was added after ExceptExporting and it looks like the Excel Exporter was not updated to support it. You should probably Submit a feature request to Infragistics.

I understand that the Excel engine does support this. But I'm not sure how it works or how you would handle it in the GridExcelExporter. I don't think you could do it in the CellExporting or CellExported events, for example, because you would know which grid cells to merge, but not neccessarily which Excel cells. What you would most like have to do is use the CellExporting or CellExported event and somehow store all the information on all the cells in Excel that need to be merged and then use the EndExport event to go back and actually merge them.