Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDropDown In WinGrid
posted

Hello,

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. 

I have an ultrawingrid and clicking on one of the columns should display a ultradropdown. 

I have done the following in the wingrid (dgItems)

private void dgItems_AfterCellActivate(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{ 

UltraGridCell activeCell = ((TWMDataGrid)sender).ActiveCell;

if (activeCell == null || activeCell.GetType() != typeof(UltraGridCell)) return;                    

if (activeCell.Column.Key == "ItemCode")               

BindItemsDropDown();

}

The above code binds a list to the Ultradropdown, when the column ItemCode is clicked.

And in the following method ..

private void dgItems_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)

{

e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["ItemCode"].ValueList = this.cmbItems;

}

where cmbItems is the Ultradrodown. 

What I currently see  when I run this application is that when I click on the ItemCode coulmn in the Ultragrid, the dropdown shows up in a different place rather than right below the column. 

And the Ultrdropdown, once it appears does not seem to be disappear, when I click else where on the form. It remains visible. 

I would also like to add a scroll bar to the ultradropdown control. 

And i also noticed that the Ultrawingrid, UltraDropdown are all placed in a Panel, which is then added to the Controls collection.  Could this be the cause of the problem ?

Thanks,
Ashwin 

Verified Answer
    posted

Phew ! .... finally figured out that the property of the object being bound to the grid did not have a setter property.

And hence was not able to display the drop down !! .. I could not have imagined this even in my wildest dreams !!

posted

I also have to mention that the UltraDrodown.Visible property is set to false on the designer. And when I bind the dropdown, I set the visible property to true explicitly. 

When I don't set the visible property to true while binding the drop down, I dont even see the ultradropdown when I click on the ItemCode coulmn in the UltraWinGrid.