Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Summary row not showing because of band key
posted

Hi,

this is a very odd behavior of your WinGrid.

The summary row won't show unless I change the bands key to either 'BindingList`1' or 'List`1' depending on whether I bind a BindingList<> or List<> to the grid at runtime.

It took me TWO hours to figure this out. I'm using 12.1.

I must say, that I'm relay frustrated with your grid at this point. Please give me one good reason why it should behave this way!

Thanx

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I assume you are trying to set up your summary row at design-time and then bind the grid at run-time?

When you bind the grid to a data source, the grid has to determine whether to try to keep the existing layout or create a new Layout based on the new data source. It does this by trying to match up the key of each band and column.

So if you bind the grid at run-time to a data source whose root band key doesn't match up to the root band key in the grid, the grid assumes that you are binding to some new data data source and throws away the old layout.

There is more detailed information about how to maintain the layout from design-time to run-time here:

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=6702

Children
No Data