Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraControlContainerEditor
posted

I'm using the UltraControlContainerEditor to embed one of our custom controls in an ultragrid. The control is used for editing international phone numbers and has two modes, controlled by a ReadOnly property. When editable it displays a combo to select a country, and two text boxes for entering an area code and number. When read only it displays a text box with the number formatted as a standard international phone number. An encoded (as a string) version of the phone number can be set or read via its "Value" property

To implement this in the grid, I've created an UltraControlContainerEditor and two phone number controls, one set to read only, and the other to editable. I've set the rendering control property of the UltraControlContainerEditor to the latter, and the ediing control to the former.

Initially it works quite well, where the property already has a value. If the cell is active it switches to the editable version of the control and allows me to interact with it. If it's not active it displays the formatted version of the phone number.

The problem is when I try to edit it. Changes I make in the editor do not seem to be passed to the underlying data object. I've set breakpoints on both the control's Value property getter and setter, and the relevant property in the underlying class. When I enter a new value, then click on a different cell, I see the following breakpoints hit:

1) Underlying class's getter, returns the original value

2) Editing Control's getter, returns the encoded version of the phone number that I have just changed - this is called twice

3)  Underlying class's getter, returns the original value

4) Rendering control's setter, being set to the original value

5) Steps 3 and 4 then repeat

Is there anything I might be doing wrong which could be causing this?