Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Wingrid looses layout definition when bound to object datasource
posted

Hi all,
we are using Infragistics WinForm lib for quite a while now and we (me and my fellow colleague) are experiencing decent problems with the grid loosing its layout definition. 

A few examples:
- the Designer almost always looses the visual layout (looks empty - unbound) after changing to the code (not grid related) in the cs file. Closing and reopening then shows the layout for a couple of minutes until it starts over again. If I run the code the grid displays the layout as expected, just not in the designer.

- Quite often it happens that the grid just looses its layout definitions completely (like captions, width, height, cellactivation, cellclickaction, etc).

Most often this happens when closing the project (yes, everything is applied, okayed and saved) and opening it again (it just happened again and I lost all the definitions I made yesterday).

The related ObjectDataSource wasn't changed, its the same since I first bound it to the grid.

This really starts to annoy me a lot, not only do I have to repeat the layout definition multiple times, I also have to save the layout every half an hour to prevent loosing the layout completely when formatting a complex grid.

Something equal happens to the FlowLayoutManager. When it is dragged to the form I can set the related panel, but it never keeps the setting. I have to close the solution, reopen it and then I can set the panel. This happens all the time when dealing with the manager... not very bad because no loss occurs, but it is quite strange.

Is there something I am missing, doing wrong or just do not see?

Any help is kindly appreciated.
kind regards
Andy