Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ULtra grid
posted

Is there a way to make a certain column a hyper link in the grid like a report hyper link behavior, so when the  user click the link by row within the grid  to execute some type of functionality. Also when I click a row do  logic to pull by active row , do i do the logic in the ultragrid row activate event, at the moment when the datasource of the grid is set it automatically makes the first row activate. Which gives me an error base upon my logic.

DataRowView rowInfo = (DataRowView)UltraGridRow.ListObject;

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

KeithDudley said:
    Is there a way to make a certain column a hyper link in the grid like a report hyper link behavior, so when the  user click the link by row within the grid  to execute some type of functionality.

Yes. What you do is place an UltraFormattedLinkLabel control on your form and set the grid column's EditorControl to that UltraFormattedLinkLabel.

Then you can set the value of the cell to a hyperlink using the syntax of the UltraFormattedLinkLabel. I recommend going to the Value property of the control at design-time and you can use the designer to add a hyperlink so you can see the format. It's very similar to html, but not exactly the same.

To handle the clicking of the link, you handle the LinkClicked event of the UltraFormattedLinkLabel.

KeithDudley said:
    Also when I click a row do  logic to pull by active row , do i do the logic in the ultragrid row activate event, at the moment when the datasource of the grid is set it automatically makes the first row activate. Which gives me an error base upon my logic.

AfterRowActivate fires initially because the grid keeps the active row in synch with the BindingManager and the BindingManager activates the first row when you bind to a data source.

It's also possible to activate a row via the keyboard. If you are only concerned with mouse clicks and not keyboard or other activation of a row, then you should probably use MouseUp or MouseDown and get the row via the UIElements.

HOWTO:UltraWinGrid Mouse Position and Row Identification

Children
No Data