Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDayView NOT WORKING after Upgrade to 2011.2
posted

After a long awaited upgrade from 2008.3 to 2011.2 I did the following to my appointments application.

1. Upgraded the Project to Visual Studio 2010 (was 2008) - NOTE: STILL CLR2.0
  2. Installed New Infragistics
  3. Used Upgrade Tool to update references in my project to the new version
  4. Cleaned my Solution
  5. Rebuilt the Solution

Now I have a major issue.

Issue 1

The Application seemed to work without a hitch - no deprecated methods etc.

I fired up the application in debug mode and tried to create an appointment. FAILURE!

New Appointments which I create in this new version of my project fail to appear as appointment in the ultradayview despite the fact they appear to be successfully persisted to the database.

Strangely however when I interrogated the my calenderinfo.Appointments collection it shows 2 appointment objects (yes the two that I can see in the User Interface) but when I interrogate the datatable object which the CalendarInfo object has bound as it's datasource it shows 6 rows:

CalInfo.Appointments.Count = 2
appointmentsdt.Rows.Count = 6

On further investigation of the datatable NOTHING appears to be wrong with the datarows. Although it is impossible to visualise the "AllProperties" byte array.

What event can put some error handling into to capture the datarows being "converted" to Appointments? Why is the serialization giving me so much grief! :( Well atleast I assume it is this.

Issue 2                  

Dim appt As New Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.Appointment
appt = Appointment.FromBytes(rw("AllProperties"))

This fails and returns appt as NOTHING

This is ONLY a problem for "NEW" Appointment objects created with the latest control set.

Can you please advise of any breaking features that may have occurred between 2008.3 and 2011.2 which might be causing these issues. Or troubleshooting steps I can perform?

PLEASE HELP

Kind Regards
Aaron

Parents
    Offline posted

I am sorry for being inpatient, but I really would appreciate some help. Please

Anyone have any troubleshooting steps I can do? Additional error capturing?

posted in reply to Aaron Glover

Breaking changes can always be found in the help here

The only changes dealing with any scheduling portions from 11.1 to 11.2 was in the GanttView. 

WinGanttView

1. The base class of the TaskCellSettingsCollection has been changed. It used to derive from SubObjectsDictionaryBase<TaskField, TaskCellSettings>. It now derives from SubObjectsDictionaryBase<string, TaskCellSettings>. Notice the first generic parameter has been changed from TaskField to string. This class still supports an indexer which takes a TaskField. So this will only break existing code that was directly referencing the old type.
    2. The base class of the TaskColumnSettingsCollection has been changed. It used to derive from SubObjectsDictionaryBase<TaskField, TaskColumnSettings>. It now derives from SubObjectsDictionaryBase<string, TaskColumnSettings> (Notice the first generic parameter has been changed from TaskField to string. This class still supports an indexer which takes a TaskField. So this will only break existing code that was directly referencing the old type.

Browsing through the other breaking changes between versions I don't see anything else schedule related.  I don't see any reported bugs for this behavior either.  Does a new 11.2 only sample cause the same issue? 

Children
No Data